Short Summary of Braver Designs Business Plan
Benefits of the Solar Trellis:
1. Increases income by generating renewable electrical energy through the use of a solar
photovoltaic system. It will provide electricity to the buildings, parking lighting,
and income by selling back energy to the power company.
2. Increases property value.
3. Creates shade for parked cars or gathering areas of a park.
4. Potential use in high end residential applications on pool areas or detached cabana
buildings. These could supply lighting to the yard, the detached room, and
supplement and existing system on the roof of the main residence as well.
5. Possible LEED (Leaders in Energy and Environmental Design) credits if the project has
applied for LEED certification.
a. EAcr2 – Renewable Energy credit (helps optimize energy use)
b. SScr7.1 – Heat Island Effect, Non-Roof (shading of parking lots)
c. MRcr4.1 – Recycled Material (we will use recycled galvalum (Alumawood),
aluminum or steel for the trellis supports and beams)
d. MRcr7 – FSC Wood (we will also research the use of FSC wood
for residential applications to compare costs and ease of
e. SScr4.3- Low emission and fuel efficient vehicles. With electric vehicles now using
110V we can set up a recharging station at some locations for recharging vehicles.
Providing a quality product and excellent customer service will be how we promote customer
loyalty and referrals. Seeing the meter run backwards creates enthusiasm and chatter.
We can see the use of our solar trellis on roof top gardens, where you can achieve not only a
green roof, but one that has renewable energy as well, and is useful underneath for tenants.
We can see power companies installing the solar trellis and then leasing it back to the
property owners. (Safeway leases their alternative energy solutions)
We can see governments making money on generating energy to sell back to the utility
companies or customers in their areas.
We can see franchise opportunities for different areas of the country.
We can see the use of our solar trellis on the international scene for large corporations.
We see a bright, clean energy future.
SIC# – 1540
NAIC# – 237,238
DUNS # – 831384727
“Green” and using solar energy as a renewable energy source is very popular right now. Time of
“pay back” for solar systems is growing shorter and shorter, 6-9 years currently. County and City
Governments are encouraging clean green energy use by property owners and creating many
incentives. Federal and State tax incentives are still in effect. Power companies may be forced to
pay customers for extra energy generated within the next year.
1. Property Owners with Business and Retail properties who can make
decisions on their own without corporate approval
2. High end custom homes
3. Affordable Housing Units where carports are used anyway.
4. Safeway – have contacts already
5. COSTCO – large parking lot chains
6. Future: School lunch shade structures, colleges and school districts who want attractive
solar shade structures (eg. – San Ramon Valley School District has requested attractive
parking lot solar covers)
7. Government facilities with large parking lots.
8. Large wholesale stores with large parking lots.
9. City governments with parking lots and parks with gathering structures.
10. Strip malls with parking lots who do not have the roof space to put Solyndra solar
systems on their roof.
11. Government housing facilities.
12. Medical Centers.
13. Amusement Parks
14. University and College campuses
15. Other schools
1. California, especially Southern California
2. New Mexico
5. International markets